Fucius Capital Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Fucius Capital Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st October 2020.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Personal Data that We Collect About You
We will collect information from you when you register with us, become a client of ours or contact us in person, by telephone, by email or by post or complete a contact form on our website.
We may also require additional information depending on the services being provided:
- Your contact details, your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Your date of birth, nationality, country of birth, country of residence, employment status and tax identification number (i.e. National Insurance Number).
- Passport details, driving licence and utility bill.
- Details of the services you request from us.
- Any records held on the Electoral Register, by providers of utility services financial crime prevention agencies.
- Details of your employment status, income, and source of wealth.
Uses of Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be stored and processed by us for the following purposes: –
- To process your application for our services.
- To be compliant with legal and regulatory obligations and industry standards, including know-your-client procedures, the automatic exchange of tax information and legal judgments.
- To help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it.
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems raised by you.
- To provide you with the information for the products and/or services that you asked from us.
- To comply with our obligations arising from any contracts/agreements entered between you and us.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside the European Economic Area
Your data may be transferred to, stored at, and processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area (the EEA) by our service providers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR or other relevant laws.
We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect against unauthorised use, access, modification, destruction, disclosure, loss or theft of your personal information in our custody or control.
We have agreements and controls in place with third party service providers requiring that any information we provide to them must be safeguarded and used only for the purpose of providing the service we have requested the company to perform.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
In providing our services to you and in complying with our legal obligations, we may share your Personal Data, insofar as we are permitted by law to do with: –
- Our service providers who support us with the management and administration of our business.
- Our legal, tax, auditors, and other professional advisors.
- Tax, government and/or regulatory authorities.
- Prosecuting authorities and courts, and/or other relevant third parties connected with legal proceedings or claims.
- Fraud prevention and/or law enforcement agencies.
- Third parties where we are required to do so by law.
- Any acquirer of Fucius Capital Ltd, in which case the Personal Data held by us about you will be disclosed to the buyer in order that they may continue to provide you with the relevant product or service.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Retention of your data
How long we hold your Personal Data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria, including the purposes for which we are using it (as it will need to be kept for as long as is necessary for any of those purposes) and legal obligations (as laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data).
Controlling your personal information
Unless an exemption applies, you also have the following rights: –
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- To prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual.
- To request the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete.
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
- To request its erasure under certain circumstances.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
Fucius Capital Ltd
Data Protection Officer
13 Craven Street
London, WC2N 5PB